What is an infection of the nail?
It's not just a cosmetic problem -- it's an infection of the nail bed and nail plate underlying the surface of a nail. It is often referred to as nail fungus, a condition called onychomycosis (ON-i-ko-my-KO-sis), and is caused primarily by organisms called dermatophytes. It's extraordinarily common, afflicting more than 17% of the population worldwide. Nail infections have a wide variety of causes including trauma, allergic reaction and chronic disorders that make them more susceptible. People with diabetes, circulatory problems, and immunological deficiencies are at increased risk, as are the elderly. Moreover, nail fungus appears to be more prevalent in those with a history of athlete's foot (a fungal infection of the skin), people whose feet perspire a lot and those with diabetes. In up to 50% of cases bacteria can also be a cause of infection.
What is ClearZal® BAC?
ClearZal® BAC is a cost-effective topical solution which kills the fungus, bacteria and viruses which may cause nail infections. The active ingredient in ClearZal® BAC, has long been used for the broad-spectrum germ-killing/antimicrobial agent to kill fungus bacteria and viruses. As such, it kills more germs than an antifungal agent alone.
Why should you avoid a nail infection?
A nail infection can look unsightly, cause discomfort and lead to discolouration. The nail can even come free from the toe completely. Severe Nail infections can take 10-12 months to grow out and is something to avoid. This can be achieved with the daily use of ClearZal Complete. Nail Fungus or a Nail Infection has little to do with personal cleanliness. Something as simple as banging a toe or finger causing trauma, trimming your nails too closely, or wearing tight shoes is enough to weaken the nail and expose the underlying nail bed to infection, even simple household cleaners, or exposure through walking bare foot in public areas can be a cause.
How long will one bottle of ClearZal® BAC last?
Up to 8 months if applied to one nail. One drop twice a day is all that is required.
How many nails can ClearZal® BAC be applied to?
Any number of nails. It is recommended that ClearZal® BAC should be used twice daily to kill any germs which may cause a nail infection.
How can I prevent the spread of germs which may cause a nail infection?
Use ClearZal® Foot Sanitiser daily on your feet and in your shoes, following the “Instructions for use” section in order to kill the fungus and bacteria which may cause foot infections, including Athlete’s Foot.
GOOD PRACTICE WARNINGS FOR PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS:
• Always read the instructions carefully; including any warnings for use.
• Keep caps and lids on products when not in use and use the
product after opening within the recommended time frame.
• Keep this and all other topical products away
from products for use in eyes.
• Avoid storing your products in direct sunlight or near sources
of heat and choose dry, cool storage areas where possible.
• Never dilute products or mix with other products (unless
directed by the product instructions).
• Apply all topical personal care products with clean hands.
• Avoid sharing your personal care products with another person.
DIABETIC NOTICE: If you have diabetes you may have noticed many products carry warnings against their use. This is because diabetes is a complicated disease that has many adverse events associated with poor circulation and should be under the supervision of a medical professional. DIABETICS SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE BEFORE USING FOOT CARE PRODUCTS.
WARNINGS: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Avoid contact with the mouth, eyes, ears and mucous membranes. Please read this leaflet carefully before you use this product. Use only as directed. If you have any questions about this product, or are not sure please ask your pharmacist, podiatrist or physician.
Product will cause burning and irritation if misused or accidentally placed in the cornea/eye. In case of cornea/eye contact wash the eye with running water immediately. Seek medical attention if burning or blurring lasts more then a few hours. If you seek medical attention, advise the Medical Professional the Active is Benzalkonium Chloride at 0.1% and take outside box/package and bottle.
In case of eye contact wash the eye with running water. In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional advice. Adverse reactions to ClearZal® BAC Antimicrobial Nail Solution are very rare but do call your physician if your feet become red and swollen, infected, painful, tingling, or numb. And if a cut, sore, bruise or blister does not heal. If a rash or irritation occurs discontinue usage immediately and seek medical advice. Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Do not use on children under the age of 12 without the advice and supervision of a physician. DIABETICS AND PEOPLE WITH POOR CIRCULATION SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE BEFORE USING FOOT CARE PRODUCTS.
GENERAL NAIL CARE
• Keep nails clean and dry. This helps to keep bacteria and
other infectious organisms from collecting under the nails.
• Nails should be cut straight across and rounded slightly at the tip for maximum nail strength. Only use sharp nail scissors or clippers to avoid ragged edges.
• Use a clean nail file to keep nails shaped and free from snags.
• We recommend sanitising nail instruments after use on a target nail. This is easily achieved by wiping a drop of
ClearZal® BAC Nail Solution or spraying ClearZal® Foot Sanitiser over the surface of the nail instrument.
• Do not share or use any other person’s nail file or instrument without sanitising it prior to use.
• If you have an ingrown toenail we suggest that you seek medical advice.
GOOD FOOT CARE HABITS
Our feet, toes and toenails are often the most neglected parts of our body and do need special attention to keep them in good health and condition. To avoid infection or, to eradicate germs which may cause infection we recommend the following:
• Wash your feet with warm water and soap everyday. Dry all areas thoroughly. To avoid infection or, to eradicate germs which may cause infection use ClearZal® FOOT CLEANSER, a liquid soap wash formulated with Benzalkonium Chloride and tea Tree Oil, which kills 99.9% of the fungus, bacteria and viruses that may cause foot infections.
• Keep nails at a healthy length and not too short which can lead to ingrowing toenails.
• Apply a nutritional crème specifically formulated for feet and legs such as ClearZal® FOOT FOOD™, which contains Aloe Vera, Rosemary, Lavender and Thyme to maintain healthy skin.
• Wear smooth fitting socks. Avoid socks with seams that may create a ridge within the shoe lining.
• Do not wear the same shoes everyday.
• Wear comfortable, well fitting shoes, which do NOT cause pressure in any one spot.
• Should you have calluses or hard skin use ClearZal® CALLUS CRÈME or ClearZal® HARD SKIN REMOVER. Clinically proven to reduce calluses by 93% in 30 days.
Clearzal Complete Foor & Nail Kit - Instructions for Use: EASY 3 STEP METHOD
1 – Trimming and filing the target nail with either of the two procedures outlined below. This does not need to be completed before every application, only as and when required.
Skip step one if you wear nail polish/varnish or artificial nails.
A) Trim your nail such that the fingernail or toenail does not protrude beyond the tip of the finger or toe. File top of nail to remove damaged nail plate. Do not file too closely as this may cause damage to the nail bed.
B) File the free edge of the nail with the nail file provided.
The nail file enclosed is glass and of the very highest quality:
• It has a smoother and more consistent even surface
• This prevents chipping and splitting of nails
• Can be repeatedly washed, boiled / steamed in an
autoclave or sanitised with a cleaner, or use ClearZal®
BAC Antimicrobial solution or ClearZal Foot Sanitiser to kill any microbes present after use
• Can be used with both forward and backward movement
• The fine surface is specifically designed for use on frail target nails
2A – Cleanse the target nails and thoroughly dry between all toes and fingers. Use a clean sponge, cloth or brush when cleansing. ALWAYS SANITISE THE NAIL FILE AFTER USE BY WIPING WITH CLEARZAL® BAC NAIL SOLUTION OR CLEARZAL® FOOT SANITISER OVER THE FILE SURFACE.
2A – Apply ClearZal® BAC Nail Solution twice daily morning and evening around the free edge of the nail and to surrounding tissue. Allow the solution to dry or massage it into the nail and surrounding tissue. ClearZal® BAC Antimicrobial Nail Solution will not stain socks, shoes or clothing.
3– Spray ClearZal® Foot Sanitiser on the top, bottom and between toes once daily. Massage thoroughly into the skin. Spray inside shoes prior to putting on and after removing. This will help to prevent the spread of a foot or nail infection. Also recommended for application in high risk areas such as a gym, swimming pool or in the bathroom/bedroom at home or away.